RSS Screen Saver in Leopard

Reaction score
Since I upgraded (archive and install) to Leopard, the RSS screen saver feed is stuck on the date Dec 30, 2000. The articles are current, but the date never changes. Anyone know how to fix this?

OP
R
Reaction score
Can someone try it?

It looks like either nobody else has this problem or nobody uses this screen saver. Will someone try it, and tell me what happens? I'm wondering if it is a bug or something wrong with my version.

OP
R
Reaction score
Bump.

It looks like either nobody else has this problem or nobody uses this screen saver. Will someone try it, and tell me what happens? I'm wondering if it is a bug or something wrong with my version.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem... interestingly it was fine when I first migrated to the new machine and then it changed... my restored Tiger machine is fine so it doesn't have anything to do with my Airport setup. I talked to a couple of my local Geniuses and they didn't know.
All the permissions are correct, I've run the new versions of DiskWarrior and TechTools Pro from the DVDs, and run the 10.5.6 combo update (fixed a couple other problems). I've deleted the Library Pref file and refreshed, step by step, every date and time setting I could find... no luck.

It's annoying... but I'm a firm believer in these things as an an indication that something isn't right somewhere... it may be nothing or it may be the only symptom I see.

Since I upgraded (archive and install) to Leopard, the RSS screen saver feed is stuck on the date Dec 30, 2000. The articles are current, but the date never changes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.