How do you write a file in your mac and made it readable on iphone's Notes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24'' iMac 2.8 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 500 GB HD. 15.4'' MBP, 2.6 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 200GB HD, iPhone 8GB.
How do you write a file in your mac and made it readable on iphone's Notes?

Or Is there a way to transfer word files or something like that to the iphone? I want to read my document on iphone, anyone has any idea how to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
dont u use mail, and the notes button or somethin? im not sure, but i would venture thats how.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
One of Apple's bigger oversights/neglects with the iPhone has been providing a way to synchronize the iPhone's notes feature with a PC/Mac. It's just outright dopey that they have yet to address this.

As for transferring files and documents to your iPhone, you can if you've jailbroken it and installed some 3rd party apps to enable file transfers, read documents, etc. If you KNOW what you are doing and can follow directions very well, there are tutorials online to help you do all this. There's always the risk that you could brick your phone, though in actuality I don't believe anyone actually has done so (only bricked ones being those that were hacked to unlock for use with other carriers... a different process).

I'll point you to those tutorials if you like.... and if you are SURE you want to do so. Otherwise, I recommend waiting until Apple has released an official SDK for the iPhone (due in March?) so you can more easily and safely add apps.

One other alternative is to email yourself documents in PDF format and read them in the iPhone's email client. That works out well... not sure what other document formats are supported, I'm sure plain text documents are, and possibly Word documents are as well. Just email one to yourself and try it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
About a month before Leopard was released, Mail 3.0 had in its feature list the ability to sync its Notes section to the Notes app on the iPhone. However, about 2 weeks before Leopard shipped, this feature was removed from the list. There may be a software update on the iPhone side required to get this feature to work, but rest assured, I am sure we will see it soon. It doesn't make sense not to, as the Notes are backed up to your Mac from the iPhone on every sync...what little effort would it take for Mail to read that database and vice-versa?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
One of Apple's bigger oversights/neglects with the iPhone has been providing a way to synchronize the iPhone's notes feature with a PC/Mac. It's just outright dopey that they have yet to address this.

As for transferring files and documents to your iPhone, you can if you've jailbroken it and installed some 3rd party apps to enable file transfers, read documents, etc. If you KNOW what you are doing and can follow directions very well, there are tutorials online to help you do all this. There's always the risk that you could brick your phone, though in actuality I don't believe anyone actually has done so (only bricked ones being those that were hacked to unlock for use with other carriers... a different process).

I'll point you to those tutorials if you like.... and if you are SURE you want to do so. Otherwise, I recommend waiting until Apple has released an official SDK for the iPhone (due in March?) so you can more easily and safely add apps.

One other alternative is to email yourself documents in PDF format and read them in the iPhone's email client. That works out well... not sure what other document formats are supported, I'm sure plain text documents are, and possibly Word documents are as well. Just email one to yourself and try it.

ive had no troubles with .doc in iphone mail. havent tried much else

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.