New Switcher!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2Ghz Alu iMac (New Switcher :D YAY :D)
Hey hows it goin guys jus a couple of questions firstly i have just recieved my new 20" 2Ghz Alu iMac as i am new to mac i didnt want to spend to much on my first model as im only 15.

So here go the questions
1. I have recieved my new mac with OS 10.4 Tiger installed but have the leopard CD in the box with it, im not sure whether to install Leopard just yet.
2. I have heard many acounts of iMac owners screens playing up i just wanted to know how i will be able to recognise it.
3. Lastly i would just like to ask how big the learning curve is on these machines if any.

Thats about it thanks any info would be welcomed with open arms. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Welcome!

So here go the questions
1. I have recieved my new mac with OS 10.4 Tiger installed but have the leopard CD in the box with it, im not sure whether to install Leopard just yet.

I'd do this ASAP, before really installing anything else.

2. I have heard many acounts of iMac owners screens playing up i just wanted to know how i will be able to recognise it.

Choose a screen background that is completely plain, a light blue or red for example. You should spot any issues then.

3. Lastly i would just like to ask how big the learning curve is on these machines if any.

The basic stuff is so intuitive, that you'll pick it up in no time. The hard part is letting go of Windows habits (such as saving images from websites, finding them in finder, opening them and editing them and saving them again, instead of just dragging the image from your browser to your editor in one swoop).

Once you master the basics, you can start to learn all the advanced stuff, as much or as little as you like.

Remember to use the search function here, as many questions have been asked dozens of times before.

Cheers
-Mark

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2Ghz Alu iMac (New Switcher :D YAY :D)
Thanks for all the info zoolook you're a real big help mate thanks again... :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.