Wanting To Get in to Web Design

Reaction score
Hello Everyone I just joined your forum i was wondering if anyone had some ideas on a good program for web design i just bought a mac pro and i want to get in to web design and make something out of it let me know if u can help and thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
The industry standard is typically Dreamweaver. If you have the money, I would invest in the Adobe Creative Studio Web version. It'll give you just about everything you need (i.e. Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, etc.). It can be a bit pricey though for the novice.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you are into hand coding, I highly recommend Coda. While dreamweaver has it's perks, Coda has the best interface out there. I hope dreamweaver learns from Coda in it's interface designs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It would be better if you can tell us how much you know - complete novice or happy with coding web pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
If you really want to get in to web design, Look up some HTML tutorials online and you can just use notepad for this which is compleatly free. Quite a lot of good web designers just code all there websites in notepad as they preffer doing this and creating there own code to all the poop that dreamweaver streams out.

HTML is probably one of the easiest programing languages to learn and creating basic websites in it is quite easy.

If you preffer visualy creating websites then go for a program like dreamweaver. Remember actually creating the website is half the work, when your new workin out how to actually display it on the internet is a hill to climb in itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Learn how to hand code first. Makes it easier in the long run.

Also, learn how to structure a page by researching and studying up on grid structures, hierarchy and typography.

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah i've done html before i just like having it all in one i guess were i can do my own graphic designs and make it look really good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Yeah i've done html before i just like having it all in one i guess were i can do my own graphic designs and make it look really good

I like Dreamweaver.

I get the point about handcoding, which you can do with Dreamweaver if you like (would be a bit of a waste of $400 though), but I think you also get a lot more info to work with.

It seems a bit empty when you first look at it. You get a kind of 'oh. Is that it? Where are all the toys?' moment, but they're all there.

You can get a 30 day demo from Adobe. Hefty download (600+ mb for the Mac version).

I'd also make a recommendation for webdesign, if you haven't already done it. Get a second monitor - I have a full screen for the page I'm working on, and have the menus and a web browser to see progress on the other. It's so much easier than constantly swapping apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
There is quite a lot to learn if you want to become good at we design. learning how to do the basic is really easy but if you dig deeper there is CSS, PHP and graphic design. quite an important part of designing good looking websites is to do with CSS and graphics and to make a website functional there is a lot to do with PHP and SQL. Quite a wide variaty of skills are needed if you really want to get properly in to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.