safari 3.0 will not stay opened

Reaction score
safari 3.0 is closing atleast 3 times per minute while web surfing. i have firefox but i dont like it much. is there anything i can do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 15' T7200 1GRAM 80G White
I have the same problem but cant deal with it

Reaction score
Hello

I was having the same issue, and it seemed it was a permission problem. After fixing permissions (and there was some confused permissions) I have no longer had this issue with Safari 3.0

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
Hello

I was having the same issue, and it seemed it was a permission problem. After fixing permissions (and there was some confused permissions) I have no longer had this issue with Safari 3.0

can you please explain how to do this?

Reaction score
can you please explain how to do this?
I usually use a program called "main menu"

But if you Select "Disk Utility"

In the left hand column there will be a list of connected storage devices

Select "Macintosh HD"

Select "First Aid"

There will be four buttons to choose from

Select "Repair Disk Permissions"

Let the program work its magic.

Personally, for me, after doing the 10.4.11 Update and getting Safari 3.0, I had Safari crash all the time, I ran the permission diagnostic, found problems, fixed them, and now, no more issues.

Hope that helps you as well.

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
thanks but that didn't help. it's still crashing. any other suggestions?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is it just Safari doing this? No other applications misbehaving? What Mac do you own? Specs?

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
yes. only Safari. i have a MacBook. Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core Duo. Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 15' T7200 1GRAM 80G White
What can i do is to replace Safari with firefox T_T

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
^that's what i've been forced to do but i really cant stand firefox. not after growing accustom to Safari

M

MacHeadCase

Do you use any Safari add-ons like SafariStand, Saft, SafariScripts, SafariBlock or anything like that? These need to be updated to the latest versions otherwise they're incompatible with Safari 3.

I would look for that first (look in InputManagers as well), since only Safari is acting up, there's obviously something dedicated to Safari that's making it mess up.

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
Do you use any Safari add-ons like SafariStand, Saft, SafariScripts, SafariBlock or anything like that? These need to be updated to the latest versions otherwise they're incompatible with Safari 3.

I would look for that first (look in InputManagers as well), since only Safari is acting up, there's obviously something dedicated to Safari that's making it mess up.

i never thought of that and i now think that's my problem. but i dont know the name of the application so i cant update/delete it. i just know when i open Safari, in the top right there is a Debug option. when i click that i get a lot of options and it says it's for Safari 2.4. any idea of what app this is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It could be from Cocktail or an App named "Safari Debug". I have the later installed and it works fine with mine.

I had a similar problem after moving to 10.5 and it turned out to be a Quicktime Plug-In for Safari problem. I had to remove the old plug-ins and then reinstall Safari. Drove me nuts for a bit.

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
^any idea how i can remove it? i dont even think i ever used it so i have no need for it anyway. and is there a way to check/remove all plugins if it's not this one?

M

MacHeadCase

A Debug option is installed in the menubar by all the add-ons I mentioned in my earlier post.

Look at and list what you find in these folders (if they exist as some might not, depending on what you have installed on your Mac):

- Macintosh HD -> Library -> InputManagers

- Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> Application Support -> Safari

- Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> InputManagers

- Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> Safari

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
deleted a couple of the plugins and now it is working flawless. thanks SO much for your help

M

MacHeadCase

No prob. Glad I could help!

BTW it doesn't mean you have to do without those add-ons. Just check out to see if there aren't any updates to those plug-ins. I still use 'em in Safari 3 and they work great! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.