How to make a photo dvd ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
I feel sort of silly having to ask this but I have never tried to do anything like this.

Someone at my wife's work wants to give me a bunch of pictures that she has on a disk and some music c.d.'s and she would like me to somehow put all this together on a dvd so she can send it to her father as a Christmas gift. I guess she is looking for a slideshow dvd that has the photos come in from different angles and fade out and all those cool effects with her favorite music playing in the background. She also wants it to be played on a regular dvd player.

I am stil pretty new to the mac. I am now on my 2nd system (17" powerbook, I know I have plenty of power to do this but I just dont know where to start) But this is not what I normally do so I have no clue where to start.

Does the mac come with software that will do this. I also have CS3 but I have never used it (this thing is not for the inexperienced user)

I want to do a good job on this for her so I thought I would come here and see if any of you could help a little. If you guys have any suggestions or samples of things I would really appreciate the help and ideas.

Thanks guys.

I do not have the new iLife 08. I m using the older version. I dont know if this helps but I want you guys to know exactly what I am working with here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.