iChat buddy disappears

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm having a little problem with iChat. I'm running Leopard, and the latest iChat. All the updates are in, and it works like a charm. I can't add a buddy to my buddy list. He's logged on, and he's in my address book too.

I invited him, and he shows up in my buddy list for a few seconds, then disappears. Help please? I googled and searched this site, but no avail. I can still chat with him in the window, but he doesn't show up in my list.
I just added another buddy, which worked. Apparently it's just him.

OP
B
Reaction score
Anybody? I tried it on my uncle's ibook. He shows up. Help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Add buddy to iChat, quickly disappears

Same issue that you are reporting. Sorry to say that I don't have a solution. I have two laptops, both running Leopard (MBPro and MB). Both originally had the issue, but the MB displayed about 5 mins after we added the buddy. MBP still hasn't shown. I can add and readd the new buddy, but it will quickly disappear.

The buddy is using AIM (both my laptops are using iChat) and the buddy can see us just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.