upgrades from 10.2.8

Reaction score
I have inherited 6 power G4 Macs's all are 10.2.8, I have been instructed to upgrade. I am very new to Mac world and really do not know where to start. I have CS 2 and Final cut pro to install when upgraded. Do i need to purchase upgrades? all systems are bought and paid for so no problem with the licience's. Can anyone help in just getting me pointed in the right direction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Hi,
To upgrade 10.2 to the fullest extent possible go to the apple menu then to software upgrade. If it's not there then go to "About this Mac" and you should have a little upgrade button below the version. It's free up to the end of 10.2 .

For 10.3 or beyond you'll have to purchase it (though not in a specific order.)If you can run leopard (10.5) and afford it I would purchase that. If it's a little spendy for you then you can get tiger (10.4). I would bypass 10.3 altogether as its not as compatible with most things anymore.

OP
T
Reaction score
Really appriciate your information, if I can by pass I will go to 10.4 hopfully that will work.
again thank you very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.