Things I've noticed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Since installing Leopard, and grabbing the 10.5.1 update when it came, I have notice two things in particular - one of them is just interesting ;)

1. Don't call a folder "Trash" and try to burn it... You end up with a 23KB empty disk no matter what was in that folder. I took a bunch of pics and some of them were "trash" but didn't want to delete them for my customer's satisfaction... so i separated the pics that I thought were trash and named the folder so and tried to burn all pics, even the trash folder... much to my surprise, it didn't burn the trash folder. Odd, huh?

2. I have had to restart the computer many many more times than I did in Tiger. Cyberduck had problems and would connect to my server, but not let my upload files - a restart fixed. tried to burn an burn folder in 10.5 and the darn thing would lock up when I tried to give the CD a name... lol. Quick look failed me the other day while giving a photo presentation :Oops: I had 200 photos, and set quicklook to full screen and let it play. After the first 4 pics, It would display loading for like 4 seconds (of the alotted 5) and flash the next pic up for half a second then say loading again - a restart fixed the problem, and even tested it with 400 pics... no loading displayed...

I'm only slightly disappointed :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Why oh why would you trust quicklook to do a photo presentation? The name says it all, it's for a quick look at files.

You should use either iPhoto for a slideshow, or if you don't want extra copies on your hard drive, use Preview. Preview is very good at slideshows and even gives you the same thumbnail view that Quick Look gives.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why oh why would you trust quicklook to do a photo presentation? The name says it all, it's for a quick look at files.

You should use either iPhoto for a slideshow, or if you don't want extra copies on your hard drive, use Preview. Preview is very good at slideshows and even gives you the same thumbnail view that Quick Look gives.

The reason I used Quick Look is that it seems to be the only one that will keep all of the photos in the right order. But that was the first time it has messed up, and i've used it a good 35 times so far... 34/35 ain't bad as they say, lol.

Would you happen to know if there is a way that i could program the apple remote to change the pictures in a slide show (i'll use just about any program that will do this and keep the photos arranged by modification date, with the exception of iPhoto)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
with the exception of iPhoto
Yeah...

Anyway, here's a few that I might recommend:
PhotoPresenter: Paid software. But has a lot of slideshow effects. Not sure if it uses the apple remote.
Keynote: Amazing presenter. now with it's photo slideshow features, it's even more compelling.
FrontRow: Ze best! (but then again, you need to organise in iPhoto.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyway, here's a few that I might recommend:
PhotoPresenter: Paid software. But has a lot of slideshow effects. Not sure if it uses the apple remote.
Keynote: Amazing presenter. now with it's photo slideshow features, it's even more compelling.
FrontRow: Ze best! (but then again, you need to organise in iPhoto.

Thanks! I'll look in to those!

Edit: I just checked PhotoPresenter out, and it is awesome (and can be controlled via Apple Remote) Great Find!! Thank you so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.