Replacement LCD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
I broke the screen on my macbook pro.

I have to replace it. Apple quoted me $1300 to replace.

Online they're saying about 200-300 to buy a replacement LCD and my brother will install it for me.

The problem is, I don't know which LCD/LED to buy. All I know about my mac is what's in the "About my mac" section. I have a refurbished one.... so it was bought in 2007 but I don't know if it's the new generation or not.

The one I want to buy says...

COMPATIBLE LAPTOP MODELS

2nd Generation MacBook / MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz 2.4GHz -- MB074LL/A MA895LL MA896LL MB075LL/A A1226

If you have an older 15" Macbook / Macbook Pro please click here for our 15" Macbook LCD !

Does anyone know where I can find out if I need the LCD or the LED? and wha WXGA means?

Reaction score
I broke the screen on my macbook pro.

I have to replace it. Apple quoted me $1300 to replace.

Online they're saying about 200-300 to buy a replacement LCD and my brother will install it for me.

The problem is, I don't know which LCD/LED to buy. All I know about my mac is what's in the "About my mac" section. I have a refurbished one.... so it was bought in 2007 but I don't know if it's the new generation or not.

The one I want to buy says...

COMPATIBLE LAPTOP MODELS

2nd Generation MacBook / MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz 2.4GHz -- MB074LL/A MA895LL MA896LL MB075LL/A A1226

If you have an older 15" Macbook / Macbook Pro please click here for our 15" Macbook LCD !

Does anyone know where I can find out if I need the LCD or the LED? and wha WXGA means?

Were you able to replace your LCD ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
Your mac has an LED back-light if under "About This Mac" Your processor reads 2.2GHz or 2.4GHz for the 15". If it reads less than that, you have the LCD without the LED back-light.

From looking at your specs, it shows you have a processor speed of 2.33GHz, meaning you have the previous generation laptop, meaning you do not have an LED backlit display.

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Were you able to replace your LCD ?

Yeah I was... I bought the replacement LCD and had a computer repairing friend help me install it. REALLY HARD to install but I saved myself like $1500 from what Apple quoted me so I'm very happy with it. I had to get a glossy screen... had matte before... but worst things happen in life :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Well then, where did you get your replacement lcd? :)

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well then, where did you get your replacement lcd? :)

I actually got it off ebay! I just searched it and double checked with the seller that it was compatible (gave them my serial #) and bought it! Works perfectly. Was bummed I had to get gloss (couldn't find matte) but what're you gonna do!?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.