quick way to upload files to your site?

Reaction score
I have a website that I also use to store files and stuff when I'm going from computer to computer or somethin. Is there a simple program or way to upload a file to the site? Right now I'm using Dreamweaver and if I'm just uploading a document its a pain to open up the program, upload the file, then link it on the page. Is there a similar to do this? Even if I'm uploading to show all on one page that has all my junk on it.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
use an ftp client or open up the terminal and ftp the files to your webspace from there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I use a php upload script, the one I use isn't available anymore I thing, but if you google, you'll find lots of php upload scripts.

The nice thing about that is that you can upload from any PC anywhere, even when on networks that block FTP (many companies block FTP for their employees).

OP
T
Reaction score
After I upload them to my site server what is the best way to access it from another computer? Somtimes on sites I see a set up where it shows all the files that are held on that site. How do i bring that up on my own site?

Thanks for the help guys,

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
After I upload them to my site server what is the best way to access it from another computer?

By typing its url in to the browser

Somtimes on sites I see a set up where it shows all the files that are held on that site. How do i bring that up on my own site?

That may be on by default, check the server settings from within your web hosting account's control panel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I Vote FTP client...But one thing all these people have missed out is that it is actually possible to map a remote location as a location on your desktop so it just looks like another hard drive on your computer which you can drag and drop files too. I dont know how to do it off hand but a little search and you will be able to find out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
If it's just for storage of files, I have a directory on my website (called 'dump'), and a very simple php script that lets me upload local files via a browser.

Once I have logged in, I get a list of files that are in the directory, and an upload dialog to add more.

Wouldn't work for editing a website, but perfect for being able to store and retrieve files from any computer.

[edit] Needless to say, if you want a copy send me a PM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.