1. was this a good deal?

2. how awesome are they?

3. what cool apps do u have for yours?

4. can i put that beer drinking thing ive seen on it

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
It really depends on where you live to find out if it's a deal. If your in Canada you got a deal (not outstanding but a deal none the same) since futureshop has them on sale now for $299+tax. If you are in the states you basically saved some money on taxes since apple has them for $299+tax and free shipping. Prices are online, google is your friend.

How awesome will only be determined by you. I think mine is great but they are not for everyone.

For apps, just search. Remember you have to jailbreak it.

Haven't seen the beer drinking thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You're talking about the beer battery images. You have to jailbreak it to install those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Can depend what you are using now.

I had an 80gb vid, and for the first week after i got the touch I was knocked out by it. Then the little limitations started to grate a bit. Mines a 16gb, and that seems really small now. The 8gb would drive me up the wall, but I like to keep a lot of video on mine, if you're not bothered it won't be such an issue.

The touch screen is cool, but it's quite impractical - you have to choose your playlists well because you'll get fed up with having to pull it out of your pocket, slide to unlock and fiddle around to change tracks . . . driving even moreso, it's impossible.

I like the wifi, but again it's not the killer app for me, as my Blackberry can do that, and doesn't need a wifi spot. I jailbroke mine and installed mail - but again the BB trumps it.

I think they're nice gadgets, but for all round awesomeness, I'd have to go with the 80gb g5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
The touch screen is cool, but it's quite impractical - you have to choose your playlists well because you'll get fed up with having to pull it out of your pocket, slide to unlock and fiddle around to change tracks . . . driving even moreso, it's impossible.

Just double-click the button. A mini player will pop up. You don't need to unlock to use it.

Reaction score
Just double-click the button. A mini player will pop up. You don't need to unlock to use it.

True, but you still need to look at it to adjust volume or skip a song. This is very impractical on say, an airplane when you've got the mask on 6 hours into an 11 hour flight. I dig the Touch, but the usability for my particular situation is pretty poor, though I'm keeping it since it plays movies quite well.

The whole no tactile feedback touch screen, have to look at it thing is a triumph of marketing and sizzle over function, but I like it anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After a while you get used to the placement of the buttons. I don't find using the double-tap controls on my iPhone to be difficult since I've gotten used to their placement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.