Extended Warranty?

M

mOOdy

So, I hate to be "that guy" who is a sucker and goes for the Apple extended warranty, (extra 2 years and phone support) but I just had my video card crap out on my G5 dual 2ghz and the warranty saved my arse. Also, right after purchasing my computer i had a blackout that shut down half of my city and I was in the middle of a huge download, applecare phone support saved me there as well, by having someone to guide me through getting into the HD to back up all my stuff before having to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS. I have also had a friend with a G5 dual 2ghz and his just all of the sudden crapped out with a burnt up processor. Anyone have any words of wisdom? Does anyone have any experiences with other G5 troubles that would lead one to believe that the warranty is/or isn't a good investment? $250 for an extended warranty is steep, but so is a $400 processor and labor charges.

homer.gif

EXTENDED WARRANTY!!? HOW CAN I LOSE!!!????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yep I too am one who was saved by my extended warranty. I had a problem with the battery latch on my powerbook. The applestore sent it out for repairs....It was back two days later but wasnt fixed and had some blemishes on it.....The AppleStore guys were pretty pissed and put in the direct order instructions for them to replace my entire case...(They usually just send it with a description of what is wrong and let them take care of the problems how they see fit). Haven't had a problem since but still have a little less than 2 years of warranty left

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.