WINXP Registry invalid???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (2nd Gen)
OK I have a LEGIT copy of winxp that I loaded on the beta of bootcamp. It worked ok. I installed leopard which I guess updated bootcamp and I went back into xp and now it wants me to verify windows again.

Now its saying I have run out of registry keys!!! I already had it installed and verified before!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Leopard doesnt make any changes to your windows partition. Updating bootcamp software in no way affects the existing windows partition. But if you're getting registry/ verification error, I guess you should be able to fix it by using repair option from the installation CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
"Run out of registry keys?" That doesn't sound like a real error message - are you talking about your registration key? And if so, what's the actual error message?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (2nd Gen)
"Run out of registry keys?" That doesn't sound like a real error message - are you talking about your registration key? And if so, what's the actual error message?

honestly I couldnt remember it exactly.

It basically told me that I had installed windows on the maximum number of pcs allowed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
honestly I couldnt remember it exactly.

It basically told me that I had installed windows on the maximum number of pcs allowed.

Sounds like you'll have to call Microsoft, as the activation thinks you're on a different machine from the original installation when it was activated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.