Uploading photos to web

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz, 8G iPhone, iPod Nano
So I'm lovin' my iPhone...my family says it's "consuming my life"...jealous they are!

Question...
Maybe I missed it in the manual, but I can't seem to find out how to upload photos to the web from my phone. Just like the ballerina in the iPhone TV commercial... "uploading photos and updating her blog from backstage"

When I go to Flickr or my blog on LiveJournal, the upload function is greyed out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think you can upload pics like you can from your computer to any photo site. The only way I know how is to upload them to a .Mac web gallery.

Closed, Apple only, system. :\

OP
Habby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I just re-watched the ad. She talks about using her phone to "snap photos in the wings... and send it directly to the website"

There's got to be a way if there's a commercial for it!!

OP
Habby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I just found the answer after some digging...

Apparently, you can email the photo to Flickr. Here's how from http://nobodywantsastyl.us:

Many photo sites like Flickr have the ability to post pictures from email. They generate a ‘secret’ email address (‘[email protected]’) that you can send photos to that will post to your account. This was developed specifically for camera phones, with the idea that you save the email address to a contact and send photos to that contact. Any text you added would become part of the caption, and the resulting picture would be available on their site within a few minutes of taking it.

http://nobodywantsastyl.us/2007/09/online_photo_sharing_with_ipho_1.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Ok, that makes sense. That's exactly how the .Mac gallery works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.