imail frozen completely

Reaction score
I've had problems with my imail application pretty much since when I bought my macbook, but at the time I did not have any use for it. anyways... every time I open the application it freezes and I am constantly forced to "force quit". I am paying for a .mac account and therefore would love to be able to use my email. Is there anyway that I can fix this? Is there some sort of update I can download? I have been scratching my brain and I've exhausted my search engine looking for information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
disable your mail account on your macbook. It is in the advanced feature under the account tab.. there will be a box that you can check to enable the account, which you would uncheck. Then exit the program and then reenter but, when the program asks for configuration instructions, configure the setup yourself, because the automated setup misses things and your account will not work properly. This is what I did and it works well now. You can actually go to google, if you have an account there and they will tell you how to configure a mail account for the mail program on your mac or any other type of mail account i.e entourage, or any other. The key though I believe is to set up the account yourself. Hope this helps, as this is exactly what i had to do for my mail to work properly on my macbookpro.

OP
B
Reaction score
The problem is before i can actually get into the program it freezes? so i cant get to the account tab thingy. Is this hopeless? Would inserting the install disk again work?...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Have you already registered any mail accounts in mail.app? If you have, have you tried deleting the folders from your Library?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.