firefox, thunderbird dmg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I'm trying to install the dmg for firefox and thunderbird.. both open OK and you can drag the app icon around but it won't install (the arrow doesn't turn into a +).. other dmg's work fine, I ran onyx and all is well but still those 2 will not load.. This might be a mozilla problem but I thought it was poss someone else here might have had the problem...

firefox version 2.0.0.11
thunderbird version 2.0.0.9

also is there something to verify dmg's or is that necessary?

PS I've redownloaded each also but still they don't work

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm trying to install the dmg for firefox and thunderbird.. both open OK and you can drag the app icon around but it won't install (the arrow doesn't turn into a +).. other dmg's work fine, I ran onyx and all is well but still those 2 will not load.. This might be a mozilla problem but I thought it was poss someone else here might have had the problem...

firefox version 2.0.0.11
thunderbird version 2.0.0.9

also is there something to verify dmg's or is that necessary?

PS I've redownloaded each also but still they don't work

Try opening a Finder window. Then, open the DMG file. Drag and drop the Firefox/Thunderbird icon onto the Applications folder in the Finder window you opened previously.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
thanks that worked! I had tried what you said the day before but it kept telling me that it was already running... I forgot I had tried to put the profile from my pc firefox in the mac firefox, so I deleted it and it's running now... now to see if I can put my pc profile in properly...

I had assumed (wrongly) that installing it thru finder was the prob and the wrong thing to do :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.