Step A: Pencil and Paper...Step B: Macbook!

Reaction score
Ok, this is the story...I have had this computer for a couple months now, trying to keep my eyes from glazing over when I pull out my Macs for Dummies book, I'm trying but knitting happens to be more my thing, hehe...I am determined though, want to go at my own pace, not be intimidated and learn to use this machine as a tool for art and music, evidently what they are good for and what I am into...just not in a digital way at all yet. By the way, this is also my first computer so be gentle when explaining things please!

Anyway...I just got an email from a friend who is running a greenroof business in Ireland and starting an association for her trade too. I am so proud of this person and want to help her out. She knows the kind of work I do and has asked me to design a logo and some other art for her company...I am kinda lost though...I am certainly able to create some rad designs on paper with my pen and ink and watercolor and colored pencils and such but then what? Send them to Ireland via snail mail?
Ah, I know I've gotta get hip to this digital world and the doors it could open for me and my art...just have NO idea how. I've never installed a program on a computer and barely know how to put a disc in this thing...let alone what to do after that...

I understand its about saving and transferring and sending information but
its really all over my head....I get really tired and frustrated over all this because it just seems so complicated...I know nothing about it...but maybe it can be simplified? Explain it to me like I'm a space alien please.

I just need someone to shout out and say...its ok, its possible and you can do it too! I have no confidence with technology but know I want to be able to do it...I live in the sticks and don't have anyone to help me or learn from
but I'm glad found this forum...its helped me out already.
So I'm running a tangent...let's get down to it...if there is a way to create art on paper and get it digitally to my pal over on that green rock in the sea then I'd be so freakin' happy I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge. ~Sarah

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The easiest method is to get yourself a scanner. Then you can scan the image in to computer and then e-mail the image to your friend. because of desk space I have an all-in-one printer. Which can scan, copy and print documents.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you could conceivably use a digital camera as well, just make sure to take the pic of the work in a bright room in a way that will allow as little glare as possible. use a tripod if available. i've done this for 'quick and dirty' scans, and it can work really well if you take a moment to set things up properly.

then its just a matter of emailing the files or getting yourself a file or picture hosting account that your friend can access (which we could also help you with if need be).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.