C++ Compiler/ Visual Studio Alternative?

E

echo12

I just started up my Freshman year at college. In my programing class they us Visual Studio .NET compiler. I'm free to use an alternative as long as it will compile in Visual Studio. I'm a dedicated Mac user with my own PowerBook and would like to do my programming on my own machine. Anybody out there have any suggestions? I have no experience in C++ or programming for that matter, I'm just getting started.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

You can get xCode, I can point you in the direction on how to get it for free (legally)... but i will not post it here because the Mods would not be happy! contact me on AIM at -----anarkhy 17---- or emil ----- anarkhy at spymac dot com----

OP
E

echo12

anarkhy said:
You can get xCode, I can point you in the direction on how to get it for free (legally)... but i will not post it here because the Mods would not be happy! contact me on AIM at -----anarkhy 17---- or emil ----- anarkhy at spymac dot com----

I have xcode. My deal is it has to compile on MS Visual Studio for me to get credit. I want to make sure it will work before I get into too deep with XCode and then have to redo it for Visual just to get credit.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you looked at the other threads on this subject here and here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.