Changing the default program to open images?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel (unibody), 2 GB RAM; iPhone 3Gs
hi. i had to run an archive and install after speaking with apple care.

anyways, after doing this, it associated all my JPEG files with photoshop, and i'm assuming other images i've yet to open.

any idea how to make Preview open my image files on default? or remove photoshop from doing this?

just so you know, i've already done the Open With > Other > Preview > Always Open With

it still doesn't work.

thanks!

OP
ekologik
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel (unibody), 2 GB RAM; iPhone 3Gs
i figured it out. i'll post it here for reference so that it comes up in the search.

select the image file > control click > get info > open with > make sure your desired program is selected (in my case Preview) > change all

:)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it's in the switcher f.a.q. as well. ;)

Reaction score
You might also try Xee. I like it more than Preview, and you can set the file associations from within the program.

Reaction score
hi,

i have a similar problem more or less since i upgraded to snow leopard. in the finder view, the option that is supposed to allow me changing the standard opening application for files of the same format is not activated. anyone has had the same experience with snow leopard?

snowmike

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
hi,

i have a similar problem more or less since i upgraded to snow leopard. in the finder view, the option that is supposed to allow me changing the standard opening application for files of the same format is not activated. anyone has had the same experience with snow leopard?

snowmike

uhm, see post # 2 above

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.