Macbook not working!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Well my macbook is only two months old and i have already started having problems with it. It is the 2.16ghz whitebook with all the default specifications. Basically every time i boot up sometimes it will boot and sometimes it wont, if it does it is only a matter of time before it freezes, i.e the keyboard wont move nor the trackpad and basically the whole hardware stops functioning. Any help would be appreciated.....

thanks
Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I have you tried calling apple or going to the apple store and talking with them there? Is there an app that you are launching every time prior to it freezing?

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope it dosen't seem to be a single app and i haven't been to apple i was hoping i wouldn't. As i've had it so little time are they likely to give me a new computer? If that's the case will they upgrade me to the new model? Oh and could resetting the PRAM do anything to help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
If you're on leopard, there are some issues with the keyboard and mouse in leopard. It's not a hardware issue since the HW will work fine on other OS installed on MAC. Have you installed 10.5.1 update?? I had similar problem. But after installation of update and a hard reboot, it's working fine now. Hopefully Apple will fix it in the next update..... I know it's little frustrating but be assured of a fix soon.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no i had the keyboard problem before and yes i have installed 10.5.1 this is different because the whole computer actually freezes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Look in the system logs and see if there's anything that indicates what's happening. I'm at work and away from my MacBook so I can't tell you where it is, but I think in Applications> Utilities there is a system console function or something like that. (The raw logs should be in /var/log if you're commandline proficient.)

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Sounds as though your hard drive is on the verge of a crash. Which is completely unacceptable for a 2 month old computer. If it is the hard drive I would suggest that you immediately back up pertinent documents. If you can, start up with your system disk and do a permissions check on your computer. If it can't complete the operation it is likely that there is a hard disk error.

Take it to a genius and they can run the necessary tests, I just replied to your other thread about taking it to an apple store, and then found this, make an appointment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.