ipod newb--wireless fm transmitter question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16 ghz intel core 2 duo
finally got an ipod classic 80 gig and i'm looking for a WIRELESS fm transmitter that i could use in my car and at home. i hear all fm transmitters are pretty bad?? any suggestions would be appreciated.

will
alaska

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Mine works, but it picks up some interference from the car which you can hear between tracks, a kind of squealing crackly noise. The quality is lower, but good enough and compares to broadcast radio.

Reaction score
Mines ok, not great but it only cost me £10. If i keep the iPod volume down and the stereo volume up it can reach pretty good quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I use the Monster iCarPlay FM Transmitter. I love this thing. It works great for me! It is a bit pricy, but this is because it's a Monster cable and Monster is a great company. There are other brands as well, that may be cheaper. Check out the Apple site. Here's a link to a quick search I did on FM Transmitters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo, G4 Power Book, iMac Graphite
I have a Kensington transmitter (Amazon) that works beautifully in the car. Then I bought a 110 to 12 volt adapter to use the kensington in the house with an iPod. It broadcasts throughout the house flawlessly. In fact, it will transmit almost two blocks beyond the house. My only frustration is that I can't connect it directly to my iMac (kor can't figure out how to do it).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
They FUNCTION properly, they just all sound bad, since radio inherently kind of sounds bad (compared to cassettes/CDs/aux in). They're also unnecessarily expensive for how they sound. If you can, I'd get a cassette adapter. If you can't, I'd look for some kind of aux in or "direct connect" product. Depending on your car, you can get some of those for significantly cheaper than FM transmitters, and they sound worlds better. Try Blitzsafe.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo, G4 Power Book, iMac Graphite
No, actually sounds quite good on the Bose system in the truck and non-Bose in one car. I bought it because it was relatively inexpensive to try — about $60. You would think that the Bose systems would have a direct (AUX) input. In the other car it does but not in the year newer truck. In the house, too, sound is quite good (although I am not a concert conductor).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.