How to make the best out of Mac Pro?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an architect. Not familar with computer but would like to buy a Mac Pro. I want to get the most out of the Mac Pro with a limited price. Can someone teach me how to customize my Mac? What is necessary? Which Processor, memory, etc??

Programs that I use,
Mac: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Vectorworks 12.5. Will be learning Maya.
PC: AutoCad. Will be learning 3d Max.

Thank you so much!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A question? Why do you need a mac pro? For what you want an imac would suit you just nicely and it'd be cheaper. What is drawing you to the mac pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would say think about the iMac. The first three apps you mentioned will work great on an iMac.
My g/f is an architect and she uses her CAD programs on her 2.0GHz Dell with less than 500MB RAM. I doubt the programs you speak of are in need of more than 2.4GHz of processing power or need more than 4GB RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.