sharing DSL connection with winXP PC

J

jonny683

hey all

have a quick and probably easily answerable question for you. I have an iMac with OS 10.3.5 and my future roomate has a Dell PC running XP home. There is a DSL connection in the apartment that we will need to share. I don't wanna network with his computer to fileshare or anything like that, I would just like to share the internetconnection. Now i know that DSL uses passwords and PPPoE, so I am just curious as to what router and technical skills i will need to use in order to share this DSL connection.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just get a router. I use one of these. Connect the router to the DSL modem. Then connect your computers to the router. You have now built yourself a smiple network. Be sure both computer have DHCP turned on.

It been a while since I used DSL. If I understand what you are saying correctly. The settings that you are speaking of are for receiving e-mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.