12" pBook screen

T

the_don

I'm looking to get a pBook, and the 15" is just too expensive, so I'm looking at the 12". But, I've heard that the 12" pBook screen sucks from alot of reviews (b/c it is the same as the iBook screen). However, all of those reviews are for the Rev. A 12" pBook. I haven't seen any reviews for Rev. C pBooks, but lately I've heard that the screens are almost as good as the 17" now. Is this true? Did Apple upgrade the screens in the Rev. C 12" pBook, or are ppl just seeing things. Tkanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think the best thing to do is go see the powerbook in person. That should help you in your decision process.

OP
B

Brigrat

The 12 inch does not have the same screen as the iBook, it is the same Active Matrix screen as the other PB's

OP
O

octohunter

12" powerbook screen

I upgraded from a G3 ibook to the 12" G4 powerbook. I was quite hesitant to go with such a small screen. Worrying was a waste of time. I love the small screen. I see the 15" models and they just take up the world. Plus the screens are more fragile.

OP
M

MoltenLava

From what I can see the screens are identical between iBook and Powerbook. They are both active matrix TFT. It's hard to find a laptop that doesn't have TFT these days.

The quality of screen is very good. The deciding factor would be whether you can live with 1024x768 resolution or not.

OP
M

mac_noobie

I have a 12" PB and I was worried about screen size as well, but it really hasn't bothered me at all and its very sharp, I am satisfied with it!

But if you'd like you can check them out at a comp usa or Apple store.

Good Luck with your choice. ;)

OP
T

TylerMoney

the screen works great for me...if you're going 12", you'll have to deal with a smaller size. But it looks great. the iBooks have a decent screen too...the main thing is the style and power difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
I just bought a PowerBook G4 and it has not arrived yet from Tawain. I was wondering if it is going to have Mac OS X Panther or if it will have Mac OS X Jaguar? I ordered it on Saturday August 28th 2004...and I customized so is Panther standard or no, just in G5's?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.