Powermac G4 for the bin or not? newbie user!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hope somebody kind can help me out!

I have tons of experience on pc's, but have always wanted to get hold of a mac and have a play! as luck would have it, I have just recently come by a powermac g4 for free but was warned it maybe faulty.

It doesn't powerup other than a split second, and then goes off again. The red light on the logicboard blinks at the same time the white power button does.

I have tried to do a PMU reset and leave it for 5/10 mins. After that failed, I then bought a 3.6volt maxell battery from maplins, but it hasn't made any difference and still doesn't initialize.

anyone got any advice for a mac newbie?

regards
simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
bad power supply? fried component on logic board, fried ram...most likely not fried ram though
-chris

OP
S
Reaction score
No ram must be okay! where can i get a powersupply from? nowhere does apple computers near me!

Reaction score
if a red lights on means its over heated, the logic board could be in shock..so yeah..might be screwed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.