What is the max resolution the Mac Mini 2.0GHz can output?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
Hi

Resolution Support: 1920x1200
Details: The DVI video output supports digital resolutions up to 1920x1200. Apple also reports that it supports the "20-inch Apple Cinema display and 23-inch Apple Cinema HD display; supports coherent digital displays up to 154MHz; supports non-coherent digital displays up to 135MHz." VGA output (using the provided adapter) supports analog resolutions as high as 1920x1080. S-Video and composite video (to connect to a projector or TV) requires the Apple DVI to Video adapter (sold separately).
--
M B

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks m8. I'm looking to buy the 20" cinema display to compliment my mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Is this data similar for the 1.8ghz mini? I have one with 2gb of ram and thinking about buying a 24" or 28" LCD Monitor. That's about $500+ these days. Since it only does 1900x1200 would a low end 32" HD LCD be a better investment?

Sorry don't mean to hijack the tread, but if the info is the same it might be useful for searchers in the future.

Thanks,

OP
K
Reaction score
your not hijacking m8 its a fair question. The 1.8 and the 2.0 are exactly the same except for HD size, Superdrive and CPU.

The GPUs are the same so yours will have the same res.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This type of information (and much more) on models is always available on Apple's site. Just look at the "Tech Specs" for the model in question.

If it is a previous model, then look under the "Specifications" link on the Support page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are your opinions on this part of my question.

"I have one with 2gb of ram and thinking about buying a 24" or 28" LCD Monitor. That's about $500+ these days. Since it only does 1900x1200 would a low end 32" HD LCD be a better investment?"

Sorry I have limited knowledge on the differences in LCD Monitors vs LCD HDTVs. Not sure how the 1900x1200 limitation might effect that.

Thanks.

OP
K
Reaction score
The amount of RAM you have doesn't make a diff re the resolution you can power m8.

You want to look for a screen with a res of 1900 x 1200 or less.

Whats all the "only does 1900 x 1200"????? Thats a superb res mate.

As for an HD TV what are you looking at using your computer for? Web design? Logo Design? Photoshop or any other type of pro use where colour matching is essential? If so get TV out of your head and get a monitor. If your just viewing the web and watching DVD IE none pro use an HDTV would be fine.

Hope this helps. If it does please DONT rate me up. I hate the idea of this rep thing. Instead I am collecting warnings for swearing like John Sparton of Demolition man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The amount of RAM you have doesn't make a diff re the resolution you can power m8.

You want to look for a screen with a res of 1900 x 1200 or less.

Whats all the "only does 1900 x 1200"????? Thats a superb res mate.

As for an HD TV what are you looking at using your computer for? Web design? Logo Design? Photoshop or any other type of pro use where colour matching is essential? If so get TV out of your head and get a monitor. If your just viewing the web and watching DVD IE none pro use an HDTV would be fine.

Hope this helps. If it does please DONT rate me up. I hate the idea of this rep thing. Instead I am collecting warnings for swearing like John Sparton of Demolition man

Not knocking the 1900x1200 by any means, sorry for the "only"

Some web design, but that's mostly done via the browser anyway, not really designing in my book. More like blogging, not real desgin.

I was hoping to turn it into a media Mini. So if I can kill two birds with one stone, I would like too. Something decent for surfing and mail. While allowing me to USB an EyeTV to it. Maybe use it as a monitor for a few months then move it to the wall in my study. I use a 20" Dell with it right now. That is mostly for TV in the Study. The EyeTV works great I just want some more real estate. The 20" Dell needs to move to my MBP, where the REAL work gets done.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.