Avery Address Labels? How and where in Pages do I format?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz | OS X Leopard | iPod |
Hello!

OK, I feel like such a Mac noob as I have been seriously stubbornly searching how to do this for about 2 weeks off and on. I have a new iMac, OSX leopard and want to create simple avery address labels for return address and mailing address, but for the life of me can't find where to format labels in Pages.

Now, I humbly put away my independent pride and am asking for HELP!!! :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
What's Avery labels?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried to understand, but I just can't get what you are trying to do. I understand what Avery labels are though.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I know where they are found in MicroSoft Word, but not in Pages.

OP
maplecate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

What I am trying to do is create printer labels, address labels, return address labels in general. They don't have to be avery specific.

Surely labels can be made in pages to stick on the front of envelopes, etc.

Thanks for the download, is there a way to create ANY labels directly in pages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well you could just about create something in a text box and then duplicate that text box if that's what you're asking... You can pretty much align stuff the way you want it to so that shouldn't be a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I haven't used pages for labels yet, I use an application called Mail Factory by Belight , it allows you to create printable labels, envelopes etc. There are presets for different sized labels and papers. You might give it a try, it works to a T for me. I buy the cheap office depot labels since they are a bit less than the Avery, they are about the same quality too.

Here is an example.
c24722107d.jpg

Address removed of course ;)

OP
maplecate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome, thanks! That is exactly what I needed! I too usually buy the staples or depot brand, so that works!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
You can do it from Address Book....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
Hello!

OK, I feel like such a Mac noob as I have been seriously stubbornly searching how to do this for about 2 weeks off and on. I have a new iMac, OSX leopard and want to create simple avery address labels for return address and mailing address, but for the life of me can't find where to format labels in Pages.

Now, I humbly put away my independent pride and am asking for HELP!!! :Oops:

Try this page.. http://showngo.wordpress.com/2007/08/06/pages-avery-templates/

I followed the authors instructions for downloading the Word templates into Pages and saving them as Pages Templates and it works beautifully.

Reaction score
Address Book and not Pages is what you are looking for!

Hello,

What you want can be accomplished easily by using the Address Book. Type in all the addresses in the address book. Create a new group from the contacts -- "Christmas cards mailing list".

Then File --> Print. Click on the layout tab to choose the style of Avery paper.

Thank the Cupertino folks and smile away.

Merry Christmas,
Alex

Reaction score
Free Label Templates

I found this one - "Free Label Templates" - more helpful Universal/Address Labels .

Using Address Book is an option, but if you're not creating address label, but a different kind of sticker, like I was (making change-of-date stickers to go on pamphlets for a course I'm running), it's a pain. I've only just become a Mac user, & very disappointed that Pages has so much less functionality than MS Word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac OS X Version 10.6 8
Thank you Fyrman22 I had no idea you could print labels from Address Book, how brilliant, thanks.

Reaction score
How do I make several copies of my own address in address book? This way I can make an entire sheet of my address for my Christmas cards I am mailing out.
Mike

Reaction score
Simplest answer to Labels FAILURE in iWork's Pages

You don't need to pay $25 for a label program, and you don't need to try and convert British or metric label sizes to American standards. You simply go to the Avery website and find your label size here:
Blank Templates | Business Card Templates & Label Templates | Avery

Even if you aren't using Avery labels, there's a VERY good chance your clone labels are using their standard sizes (my Office Max labels said on the front of the package: "Uses same size as the Avery 8160 template.") You find the Avery 8160 template, download it, and then launch it.

HOWEVER: Pages does NOT correspond perfectly with the Avery templates, which are downloadable as .PDF or .doc files. I used the .doc (Word) template and converted it into Pages, but many of the labels I typed didn't fit right on the labels, and there were only 27 label slots available instead of the normal 30 for that template. Adjusting the label spaces to make them fit correctly for printing was impossible. Yet another Pages FAIL. So instead, I downloaded the FREE MICROSOFT OFFICE CLONE OpenOffice for Mac from OpenOffice.org, launched the .doc file with the "Writer" (Word) program and my labels were perfect on the first try. You see, Word and OpenOffice, as well as other word processing programs like Bean, actually have the capability to make labels built in. You'd think after a few decades Apple would've gotten the hint.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.