Desktop Icons

I

Icarus

So I'm working on a Ninja Turtles Theme - but since I don't know anything about anything, I don't know what format I need to put the pictures in to make them able to be used as icons. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Icarus said:
So I'm working on a Ninja Turtles Theme - but since I don't know anything about anything, I don't know what format I need to put the pictures in to make them able to be used as icons. Any suggestions?

This is how you do it using Photoshop 7:

http://www.mccannas.com/pshop/pshop7.htm

OP
Y

yor.g.

Icarus said:

icarus,
if you're using pshop 7, consider downloading iconbuilder pro from www.iconfactory.com

iconbuilder will give you a demo period and doesn't really cost that much either. the advantages of working this way are that you can edit your icons much more powerfully in photoshop. when the icon looks the way you want it to, you simply select iconbuilder from the filters menu and play around with the options available. you can still make icons without iconbuilder just by saving the file as anything at all and then copy/paste from info box to info box.(if you control click an icon and choose get info from the contextual menu, you can click on the icon image in that info box and select copy from the edit menu, then open get info for the icon you want to change, click its image and select paste. you should notice the icon change) of course there are other quicker better ways to this. my personal favourite is pixadex also at iconfactory.

have fun with the icons

yor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.