Pics on iPod

Reaction score
I bought an iMac due to my pc crashing and the HD dying. I have a lot of pics stored on my iPod that I didnt get to back up. Is there a way to transfer them from my iPod to my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you have a PC somewhere, just enable "show hidden files" and you will be able to navigate the iPod structure. But I'm sure there are other ways of doing the same in OS X...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Most unfortunate that you may have lost those pictures. I fear that the copies on your iPod won't be very good when you upload them back to a new computer. I seem to recall that iTunes resizes and optimizes (i.e. shrinks) the photos for the iPod form factor before downloading them. Hence you will not have the originals on your iPod, but rather, size reduced iPod copies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
iPod does keep the originals in the iPod. It's just that it also creates thumbnails for easy display. (unless this option is deliberately turned off in iTunes or something)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.