ibook g4 not turning on

Reaction score
just a quick question, i have an ibook g4 and i know for a fact that i have exhausted the battery so i removed it and to tried to let it run just by plugging it in. it still doesn't work, what do you guys think the damage is? thanks.

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to proper forum - This is for a notebook not a desktop Mac*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Maybe your battery isn't the problem, could it be your power cable? Before your battery died was the charging symbol showing up correctly when you had it on charge? Does the orange/green ring show up on the connector thing(I'm not good with words, sorry) when you plug it into your ibook, etc?

Can you borrow a charger from a friend and see if it works? If not, sounds like a trip to the Apple shop(hope your "local" one is nearer than mine!) might be needed.

Reaction score
As idlerat suggested, I would take it to the Apple Shop.

My closest Apple Shop was 2 hours away so I found a closer Authorized Apple Service Center: http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/service/

They should be able to run the basic diagnostic tests without charging you anything.

Unfortunately mine was a bigger problem with the logic board, hopefully that's not the case with yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.