isight & mic in parallels/bootcamp

Reaction score
I remember reading a long time ago that the isight had problems working in parallels and bootcamp. Has this been fixed? And does the mic work fine?

I ask because my friend wants to put windows on her mac mainly for the use of msn for video/voice chats since most of her friens use only msn. So I was wondering out of parallels and bootcamp wich would be the best option for her. thx

Reaction score
I posted a driver for iSight in parallels a while ago you can find it here. Works with XP only I’ve used the driver myself and works great.
I only use parallels for msn messenger and windows live mail and if i need to do work in MS project and access. I personally think that parallels is a better option if you just need to use a few small applications, it allows you to still use OSX and seamlessly run Windows saves you having to reboot in to bootcamp.
As for the microphone im not sure haven’t tried it, if it doesn’t work you could always get a cheap usb headset.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.