Possible to get a screenshot of a video in iMovie 08?

Reaction score
I have some video that I took, and I want to get a few pictures made from it. Is it possible to grab snapshots from the video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You could use the OS X screen capture function. Just pause on the shot you want, then CMD+Shift+4 and grab the part of the screen you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Or, if you play the video in Quicktime, you can just drag the frame out onto the desktop and it automatically creates a snapshot (in the form of a quicktime snippet or something).

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I miss read your question . I know you can do it in iMovie 6. I don't see any options in iMovie 08. You can get a copy of the previous version, then set your pla on the frame you want. Then under the edit option select create still frame and then export it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
You could use the OS X screen capture function. Just pause on the shot you want, then CMD+Shift+4 and grab the part of the screen you want.

Play the video in quicktime and do exactly as the above said but before you grab the screen press space. Then you can select a window to have a screen shot of and if you choose the quicktime one you should have a screen shot like you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.