Do Refurb's Mac Minis come with an OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
They do a clean install on refurb Macs, so you'll get most of what you get with a retail version. So yes, the OS and software like iLife will come on your Mac Mini

Reaction score
I really doubt it would come without one. All the refurbs in the US come with the latest version of OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Refurbs come with everything the new Mac comes with except the original box. They come with the same warranty. Only difference is the box. It comes in a plain cardboard box instead of the shiny display box.
I've bought 3 refurbished Macs in the past year. I've sold two but never had a problem with any of them. I recommend refurbished Macs. They're everything a new one is, minus a few $. That's why I recommended the refurbished Mac Pro earlier.

OP
K
Reaction score
Cool, thanks everyone. Ordering now.

Just another point, do you get a disk with the OS on or is it a case of if you reinstall you lose it? (Do you ever need to reinstall with a mac to speed things up, every 6 months or so?)

EDIT - ORDERED (XXL SMILE)

Thanks to everyone for helping me with info to allow me to make an informed choice. Really appreciate it. (Thumbs up)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It comes with a recovery disc that has the OS and all of the original software that came with it. So if you ever need to reinstall everything, the restore discs will return your system to factory settings.

Unlike Windows, you don't need to do a format and install every 6-12 months with OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Cool, thanks everyone. Ordering now.

Just another point, do you get a disk with the OS on or is it a case of if you reinstall you lose it? (Do you ever need to reinstall with a mac to speed things up, every 6 months or so?)

It comes with everything the new Mac Mini comes with. It comes with the same restore disc and iLife disc. I got my Mac Pro a few days after iLife '08 came out. They actually gave me the retail version of the disc that's white (not gray), just without the retail packaging.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.