HD dvd on macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
i was just wondering if the santa rosa macbook pros can run HD dvds in the disc drive?? i ask because the DVD app says it can.. but will the LCD screen actually show full HD (1080)?? or will i have to hook it up to another screen. and also is the DVI capable of carrying a HD signal from the mac?? probaly stupid questions but im new! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
hi there,
i have the Santa Rosa MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ.
and i inserted a HD DVD, unfortunately it didnt read it. :S
so the CD/DVD drive wont read it.
---
M.B

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Considering a Mac... hopefully
Uuughh... none of the Apple products have an HD DVD player yet.

Reaction score
The HD DVD you put in was probably was one of those "hybrid" discs that also contains the standard definition version of the movie/tv show. Your Macbook obviously chose the SD version to play. As thnksfrthmmrs stated, Apple products don't have HD DVD drives yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
It would be nice to have HDDVD drives in our notebooks. Then maybe I can actually burn HD movies made in Final Cut.

Lol, we keep wanting better battery life on our MBP's but then again we want HD DVD drives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
I wouldnt get your hopes up too much about an HD anything drive on a mac(since their built in and not replaceable) till the format war between Blu-Ray and HD DVD steers more towards one side vs the other.

Mac Pros not being thrown into the mix either in that statement...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.