Airport loss of connection

Reaction score
Recently, possibly since I installed the latest Airport update for Mac OSX 10.4.11, my MacBook Pro has frequently lost connection to my home wireless network. I have the signal level displaying at the top right of my screen and this drops to 0 every couple of minutes. To reconnect all I have to do is click the symbol at the top right of my screen and re-select my wireless network.

I know it is my laptop that is having this problem with losing connection because I have four flatmates who are constantly connected.

I've tried restarting my laptop and restarting the router, but the situation still occurs. I still lose connection to the internet regularly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.0 Intel 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive
you aren't the only one by far. I've heard this from numerous people including myself. It just keeps going on and off with the new update. It's doing it as I type this. :Angry: My room mate and I have had the problem, first noticed it with ichat ever since we updated the same time. I had another friend who called me and asked me about it as well. I don't know why Apple has done nothing about it. I tried the 10.4.11 Combo update to try to fix it and nothing better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.