Leppard won't launch, Help!!

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm in real trouble. I was having problems with my mac not responding well. Everything began whenI bought Leppard and installed it. I had my Administrator Password and everything was perfect. After I installed Leppard everything changed. I messed up my passwords and my computer started to act weird. I also bought a new copy of Windows XP and installed it over Paralells Desktop (I like windows since I use it for my PDA's). Then, to make a long story short now my computer does not start up since does not recognize the Disk where Leppard is installed (when I saw my mac acting weird I backed up all my files to an external hard drive). I also tried to install Leppard from scratch but when I open the instaler and go to Disk Utility my mac does not recognize the disk, it only sees the CD room where Leppard not letting me install it. I was surfing the web and reading and I could find out that I can format the hard drive and even create a new disk partition where to install Leppard. I have everything (softwarewise). I have leppard, iLive, etc. I only lack of knowledge to format the hard drive and create a new disk where to install the Leppard OS. I know that the most of you would say take it to the Mac Genius at the apple store for repair but I will like to try myself first and if does not work then I would use my warranty. Please anybody tell me how to play with the Terminal in order to install Leppard in a new Disk. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Mario

OP
D
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to say that when I turn on my computer it only shows a blinking folder with an interrogation sign "?" which I guess means that either the hard drive is damage or my mac does not recognize it. Any ideas guys??

Mario

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
If you haven't changed disk since you bought it then you can take it to apple store and get it replaced.

OP
D
Reaction score
No, I haven't changed the disk but you don't think I could fix it? or as per the symptoms you think there is not cure?

Thanks for yout reply

Mario

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The question mark means that you either have a corrupted operating system or your system disk is bad.

Get your install media and boot from it (hold down the c key and boot you system). Once your system has booted from the installation media. Locate the disk utility option from one of the drop down menus. If you see your system disk from with in the disk utility application. There your system disk is okay and your operating system is corrupted. If you have all of your data backed up. I would do a fresh install by wiping the disk and starting over again.

OP
D
Reaction score
That is the problem I have. Disk Utility does not see the damaged or corrupted disk, it only sees the DVD room drive and the Instalation CD in it, it does not give me the option of erase/partition/verify/repair/wipe any disk. The only place where I see the dis in Startup Disk and it appears with he same interrogation sign in it when it says "Select the system you want to use to start up your computer. I think the only option would be to fix it from Terminal and create a new disk.. I just don't know if this is possible and how to do it.

Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Any other idea???

Hi guys

Any other idea on how I can solve this problem or all of you convey in taking my MacBook to the apple doctor for surgery???

Mario

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.