key board isnt working

Reaction score
hi there everybody,

so my keyboard on my mac isnt working...i think my cat spilt water on it...everything else works fine except for the keyboard..the top qwertyuiop keys work but they keep repeating themselves...so my question is, do i need a new logic board or a new keyboard....i hope its not the logic board :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Take it to a genius. They are usually pretty good about knowing what to do. I don't think apple covers spills in the warranty, but I've had experiences in the past where a genius will stretch the truth a bit to get it to be covered. Best of luck to you.

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" matte screen MBP 2.6GHz - 7200RPM 200G
You THINK the cat spilled water on it?? Sounds sort of like the dog eating the homework... :)

Un-Plug it - pull the battery out.. Open the unit up and lay it face down on a towel... Warm it's backside gently with a hair-dryer for about 20 minutes and then do it again 8 hours later..
Let it sit for 24 hours like this..

Then replace the battery and say a prayer.. If that doesn't do it - well - it's off to service she goes...

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.