New G5, still need my G3

D

didan

I've bought one of the new G5s with the 23-inch monitor and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and all that is great. But my wife still needs to use our old G3 (the old flat one, not the towers) for a lot of her work. We have the G3 and the old 17-inch monitor set up, but we'd love to be able to switch between the G5 and G3 using the new keyboard and 23-inch monitor. Can this be accomplished with an A/B switch? Anyone have advice on a brand opr source for what I need? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Does the G3 support bluetooth? and does it have DVI?

OP
D

didan

I tend to doubt the G3 supports either. It's about 6 years old. I expect that will be a limiting factor; just wondering if there are any workarounds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
First of all what OS is the G3 running? If it's running Os X, there may be a possibility of it being able to recognize the bluetooth suff(If you get a usb bluetooth adapter). I am not completley sure about this so look for a second opinion.

Now, about the display. What connections does the G3 have on the back for video?

OP
D

didan

ApplejustWorks said:
First of all what OS is the G3 running? If it's running Os X, there may be a possibility of it being able to recognize the bluetooth suff(If you get a usb bluetooth adapter). I am not completley sure about this so look for a second opinion.

Now, about the display. What connections does the G3 have on the back for video?

The G3 is running OS 9 (which is why I need it; wife works in Quark 4 a lot and Quark in Classic mode on the G5 has so far been a bumpy ride). G3 has what I believe is a VGA monitor connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.