Need help connecting wireless in school.

Reaction score
I have a macbook and usually in order to connect to the wireless internet in school areas(university) I am automatically redirected to a sign in page where I have to type in my student ID and password inorder to access wireless. However, ever since I installed Leopard I have not been able to use wireless on campus. I can see that I am receiving the campus connection fine, but then it wont redirect me to the site where I sign in. If anyone else out there that have encountered this problem, please let me know what i can do to fix this, thanks.

-Nate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Just a thought, go into Keychain Access (in Applications > Utilities) and wipe out your airport keys (and any other pertinent ones), reboot, then try and rejoin the network and see if your university's proxy page comes up.

Also try resetting Safari's settings (under the Safari menu from the toolbar)

OP
I
Reaction score
Hey thanks IanCT, but how would I go about fixing this problem if I use Firefox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
how would I go about fixing this problem if I use Firefox?

That's a good question. :) I don't use FireFox. My next suggestion would be to delete any preference files associated with FF in Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences

Reaction score
I have the same kind of probelm at school with the WPA network. I deleted everything school related in my keychain... still doesn't work. Have you tried to reset the FF pref? did it help?

Reaction score
I don't know if I'll be helping much but I used to have the same problem when I updated to Leopard. The thing is that Leopard can't find some wirelless networks (don't ask me why, just wait for the update). I solved this by doing this: Airpot -› Join Other Network. On the field Network name you'll have to fill with the exact name of the wireless network ( eduroam inmy case); On the security field you choose WPA Enterprise. Then log in with your username and password and choose for 802.1X - TTLS-PAP.

Hope it works

Cheers

Reaction score
my school uses eduroam too

I tried what you said, but if I put the 802.1X under TTLS-PAP than I get an authentification error message...

If I keep it to automatic I can connect, but after a few minutes I can stay connected but I lose the external IP address...

any other advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.