Ipod touch and jail break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
hey i am soon to get a ipod touch but i am just wondering what is jail break>?

what are it mains benifits?
are there any risks?
and where can i get and at what price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
hey i am soon to get a ipod touch but i am just wondering what is jail break>?

what are it mains benifits?
are there any risks?
and where can i get and at what price?

Discussing Jailbreaking your iPod isn't allowed here since it violates Apple's EULA.

I suggest using Google for more information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Jailbreak is a program that "cracks" the protection ("the jail") that Apple built into the iPhone and iPod Touch to stop unauthorized applications from being loaded. As noted above, use of jailbreak is perhaps illegal and definitely in violation of the user agreement for the devices in question. As a result, you will get no assistance on these forums with its use.

I would strongly advise that you cease and desist any effort wrt jailbreak. Remember as well that Apple has promised to open the iPhone (and presumably iPod Touch) to external apps in February by releasing the programming API. Fairly soon, you will be able to load 3rd party apps legally - why bother with the hassle of jailbreak?

M

MacHeadCase

Like someone else in the thread already said, discussion of breaking EULAs is not allowed in this forum. Please read the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.