question on my 4th generation ipod

I

inyaki73086

i have the 4th generation ipod and it is formated for my windows (dell latitude, i have a mac laptop but prefer not to use it cuz its a g3 2000 , not really known but its runnin on a 9.2 and instead of gettin the os 10 , i am gonna get a g4 laptop for college) i was wondering if i can change the format and if i can how do i do it?! or if there is a software that i can use it on both (so i can dl friends playlists and what not )

thanks for the help

OP
C

ChicoWeb

I don't think so, I could be wrong though. You have re-format the drive to switch from Apple to PC. Sucks I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, if your ipod is Windows formatted, then you're fine: Mac's will recognise a win ipod and you won't have to change anything.

I did the same when i switched with my gen2 ipod...
Just make sure you set it up for manual sync though, otherwise it will wipe off any music on the winpod that's not on your mac!

Have fun!

aptmunich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
ChicoWeb said:
But if you format it for Apple, it won't work on your PC.

Right, but as Aptmunich said, if it's Windows formatted, it works on both...at least with OS X, am not sure about OS 9 though. So, in this case, no need to reformat...

BTW, when did Apple build a laptop with a G3 2000????? The fastest G3 laptop was tha last G3 iBook, running at 900MHz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.