Leopard hates Excel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I wasn't sure if this should go in OS or Apps, but since Excel worked fine before Leopard, I guess it's an OS issue.

Since I installed Leopard, I been having problems where my keyboard inputs are not registering. But that's not a huge issue because I can just click on my desktop and then back to Excel and it will work again. The bigger problem is that I will be working and suddenly the whole screen goes blue (BSOD?) and comes back like my MBP just rebooted, only it's just a few seconds. Luckily auto-save helps, but I still lose the work I did in the last few minutes.

Anyone else having Excel issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
my excel likes to shutdown by itself, :(

Reaction score
Im running excel 2008 on leopard and it works flawlessly. I guess its just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Excel from MS Office 2004? Mine is working fine on my MacBook Core Duo, running Leopard 10.5.1

I use office extensively and have found it very well behaved. Is there something you can specifically point to that causes the issue, or email a spreadsheet that has an issue? I bring home some pretty hefty spreadsheets from work, and apart from being significantly slower than Windows Excel, it does pretty well.

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this should go in OS or Apps, but since Excel worked fine before Leopard, I guess it's an OS issue.

Since I installed Leopard, I been having problems where my keyboard inputs are not registering. But that's not a huge issue because I can just click on my desktop and then back to Excel and it will work again. The bigger problem is that I will be working and suddenly the whole screen goes blue (BSOD?) and comes back like my MBP just rebooted, only it's just a few seconds. Luckily auto-save helps, but I still lose the work I did in the last few minutes.

Anyone else having Excel issues?
Great. More good things from Leopard. :Not-Amused:

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I guess the problem is, at best, hit and miss for people. Hopefully when I get Office 2008 it will be better. BTW, is it up for public beta?

Have you tossed the plist?

Can't say I know what that is. At this point I would like to toss the whole application!

Reaction score
Excel problems running in Leopard

I am having the exact same problem. Just installed Leopard this weekend and noticed the Excel keyboard issues this week - it's quite annoying when you're working for days in Excel as I have been - the keys quit registering (only in Excel - no other apps that I am aware of) and it happens about every 10 minutes or so. The rebooting/blue screen has been particularly disconcerting. Fortunately I have the recover time set to 5 minutes in Excel so I haven't lost much work, but I am having flashbacks to my old days as a Windows user - unexplained crashes and blue screens. I am going to try reinstalling Excel and see if that helps. This is obviously a compatibility issue created by Leopard. If someone has any ideas, please help!

Running a 2006 vintage MacBook Pro using a wireless keyboard and mouse. I originally thought it was a keyboard issue, but have ruled that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
I would recommend OpenOffice over Windows Office - I have not had any issues with it, ever, although I have not used it much since putting on Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.