video card questions

Reaction score
I have a macbook and would like to play a game that requires a video card ATI (1600) or Nvidia(7300) but mine only has a GMA950 and so i can not play it. Short of buying a new comp is there any way i can play this game (it's Command and Conquer 3)?

-extreemly disapointed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unfortunately, you're stuck with those integrated graphics. Nothing short of a new machine will get you a graphics upgrade.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have a macbook (not pro) and without relizing it bought a game that requiers a video card of nvidia or ATI and mine is a GMA950 (not that i really know what any of that means). Is there anyway (short of buying a new comp) for me to fix it and play the game.

terrably disapointed

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Game is this so we can better help?

Saw your other thread.

It clearly states in the specs that the MacBook has integrated graphics. For real gaming you never purchase a machine with an Integrated Graphics chipset.
The Macbook is a fine computer and even will play some games. Have you tried the game on the Macbook? Will it not even install?

M

MacHeadCase

*Merged duplicate threads - Moved thread to proper forum - Please do not cross-post*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
he wants to play C&C 3. very new game, high system requirements, even on low settings on boot camp or played natively through mac your computer would cry. sorry buddy, but its not gonna work well.

BUT what you can do, is buy C&C the first decade. It has ALL prior C&C games and IMHO are all better than C&C 3. Plus it is wicked cheap at around 30$

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CPKIT6/?tag=macforums0e4-20

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I dunno chat, C&C3 is a pretty good game, much improved over Generals.

As for getting C&C3 to work on integrated graphics, it's possible that the game would work at low settings since the C&C games are known to scale really well across a whole variety of configurations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.