Aperture Album Updates

Reaction score
Ok I have several photo albums and normally I don't do much importing of images unless it's from my camera which seems to work just fine. But lately importing backgrounds into the background album or into any other albums for that matter it won't update. The images don't show up. I usually have to do it four or five times till it randomly appears. It shows only one copy in the actual directory of Aperture and album but things like 'backgrounds' in prefrences show all five copies.

Anyone know what might be causing this or what I'm doing wrong? I'll look at my photos album that I import from my camera and see if everything is showing up.

My process for importing: I import everything into a sort folder so I can set captions and keywords and then move them to the album. When i'm working with my camera I import to that folder, and then move later. If I'm adding anything else I click and drag the images to the sort folder, apply keywords/captions then move manually again. SAme process except one the source is my camera and the other the source is my PC.

For example I just moved one of my images, it moved ok to the backgrounds section and I can see it moved there on the harddrive, but I can't see it within the album nor do I see an option to refresh the album.

Edit: Went back to see if my latest imports from my camera are ok. They are, I just (2 days ago) downloaded some images from my camera into the sort folder then moved them to my travel album. Tehy are fine. But the backgrounds I've imported tonight and moved to backgrounds are not showing up in backgrounds. (Except in change background option in preferences). I also have found the 'refresh' image. I have it correct it's command right click album > Generate Previews.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Full post because I'm an idiot and figured it out :>

Ok was looking around and noticed in the 'search' area there were a few icons and a clicked on one and noticed that it said "show items with keyword: Backgrounds" I turned that off and they popped up immediately.

The reason why my images were showing up in travel is because I always tagged them with 'travel'

Turned off all albums keyword filter and alot of things started popping up I missed :>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.