Will not boot OSX 10.5

Reaction score
When i start my macbook pro it only makes it to the loading screen with the apple logo and loading circle. After about a couple minutes, the computer restarts its self. However I can boot windows fine. I am not sure what is going on and I would bepleased if some one could help me since i need my computer for finals. Thank you!

Reaction score
Boot off the Mac OS X CD and use the Disk Utility to check the hard disk and possible repair the filesystem. Also, it could be a bad extension or other startup program thats preventing a proper boot up. Use Terminal to browse the file system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Another problem that happened to my buddy, when he first installed leopard it wouldn't start up. The reason after bringing it into the Apple store was because he had the "application enhancer" ie "shape shifter". So if you have an app like that leopard won't boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. App enhancer used by Shapeshifter and some other apps has had problem with the Leopard installation...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
have you tried holding the "alt" button at bootup, and select OSX?

if thts the case, you just need to change your startup disk

Reaction score
yep..i had the sme problem..i had a lot of 3rd party software on the computer and they think one of these just upsets leopard and it wont boot up...its been happening a lot...i had to do a clean install

Reaction score
The same problem

When i start my macbook pro it only makes it to the loading screen with the apple logo and loading circle. After about a couple minutes, the computer restarts its self. However I can boot windows fine. I am not sure what is going on and I would bepleased if some one could help me since i need my computer for finals. Thank you!

Hi: I have the same problem, but I can startup in single mode and check my Hard drive,fsck say its OK, so I try to startup from external hard drive( with 10.5 installer) and the same problem, finally I try with Techtool pro DVD( boot dvd) and my computer pass all test. WTH**** is that!!!!. I am think is the Logicboard but how I can startup in single mode? and from a DVD, If the main board is broken the computer can't start!!
I can't understand, any ideas genius men!!

Reaction score
Hi: I have the same problem, but I can startup in single mode and check my Hard drive,fsck say its OK, so I try to startup from external hard drive( with 10.5 installer) and the same problem, finally I try with Techtool pro DVD( boot dvd) and my computer pass all test. WTH**** is that!!!!. I am think is the Logicboard but how I can startup in single mode? and from a DVD, If the main board is broken the computer can't start!!
I can't understand, any ideas genius men!!

c4 I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. I can see your post was from February, if you happen to be following this thread, did you get the problem solved in any way?

S

Reaction score
c4 I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. I can see your post was from February, if you happen to be following this thread, did you get the problem solved in any way?

S

I'm looking for a solution to this exact same problem also. To clarify, I can boot from my internal drive normally, but when I try to boot from any other bootable drive (including Leapard Install DVD), the mac attempts to boot for about 20 seconds, then the screen goes black and the mac restarts. I suspect a problem with the logic board but would really appreciate any other ideas....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.