PC/MAC Networking

I

iPod

I have a Gateway 2500 Solo laptop with win 98se and an 800 mhz imac with OS 10.2.8 networked to access my dsl modem, but i want to share the printer on the mac to the pc. I tried turning on printer sharing in OS X, but the PC can't find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I think you also need to enable windows sharing...I'm not sure though.

OP
J

jonny683

just wondering how you networked your two computers to access the same dsl modem. i am planning on moving in with a guy that has a dell with winXP and i have an imac with os 10.3.5 and we need to share the same dsl connection. it would be much appreciated if you could tell me how you set it up or what equiptment you needed and the procedure. im just curious as to how this would be done. they dont need to be networked, just share the same connection.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just get a router. I use one of these. Connect the router to the DSL modem. Then connect your computers to the router. You have now built yourself a smiple network. Be sure both computer have DHCP turned on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.