intel chip

Reaction score
I will be switching to mac before next schoolyear when i go to college, and i was wondering if theres a significant difference between the 2.0 Ghz and the 2.2 Ghz processor. I just want a solid laptop that wont freeze on me and i can depend on for saved documents, tons of music, pics, and video chatting. These are just the main things i can imagine myself using on a daily basis.....im sure i'll find other interesting features;D I'll go with 2 gigs of ram, just not sure on the processor speed. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
A good rule of thumb:

Always buy the most computer you can afford.

If you can afford the 2.2Ghz machine, buy it. There is no such thing as too much power but there is such a thing as too little power.

OP
tsaxplaya34
Reaction score
A good rule of thumb:

Always buy the most computer you can afford.

If you can afford the 2.2Ghz machine, buy it. There is no such thing as too much power but there is such a thing as too little power.

i see where ur coming from, but, on the other hand, i need any extra money i can save. and if i will be just fine with 2.0 then thats what i wanna do. i mean im sure i could spend a little extra to get 2.2, but i wanna avoid that if i can

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you want to avoid it, then you can't afford it. Pretty simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You'll never notice the difference. you might cut 6 minutes off an hour's video encoding, but that's about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If you are not using your computer to earn money, and it's all about things to do in your free time, then don't worry about the speed difference. Get the 2nd-fastest one, and move on.

If you are using your system to earn money, then a billable hour is a billable hour. And the more productivity you can cram into each billable hour is more time for you later (or for your next customer). In that case, step up to the bar, order "the big one, with extra RAM on the side" and wince only when they ask you to sign the bill ;-)

Good luck!

Reaction score
You won't even notice a difference between 2.0 and 2.2, but really what you are paying for with the more expensive 2.2Ghz MacBook is the better optical drive and bigger hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
You'll never notice the difference. you might cut 6 minutes off an hour's video encoding, but that's about it.

well that and how much caca you can run at once if your a multitasker more power is more bueno

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Both processors are great processors! Both fast. Just max out your ram so it matches your processor speed and you will be off and going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but if possible dont buy thier ram and research it first apple charges out the wahzoo for ram. doing it yourself can save a bundle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but if possible dont buy thier ram and research it first apple charges out the wahzoo for ram. doing it yourself can save a bundle.

Exactly what I did. I searched google for my RAM module and bought the lowest priced one that came up. Then installed it myself.

Just be warned- If you break the laptop, it voids the warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly what I did. I searched google for my RAM module and bought the lowest priced one that came up. Then installed it myself.

Just be warned- If you break the laptop, it voids the warranty.

what if you keep your orig. ram cards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you mean?

Apple won't fix the laptop because you went in and tried to install something, that you probably didn't buy from them, inside the laptop yourself.

They won't take back the original chips because you already used them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.