Unable to perform speed tests

Reaction score
I have a MacBook (Intel) and I'm unable to complete the Sun Java plugin speed test on DSLReports.com (or on any other site, SpeedTest.Net for eg, where download & upload speeds are tested). The download test starts and goes on well ('Receiving 100KB, 768KB & 1.5 MB of data') but things get stuck with the upload test-it never gets past 'Sending 50KB of data'. And yes, I checked the Java version on my MacBook through DSLReports and the version displayed was 1.5.3 and so that is not a problem.

Also I'm unable to send emails (with / without attachments) from my mail server, although I can do it (again with / without attachments) through GMail.

The speed tests get completed when I use the same DSL line & router for my WinXP laptop. I can also send emails (POP / SMTP & web interface) from this laptop.

Infact, I could not even post this thread on this forum on the MacBook-am doing it on my WinXP machine.

I have Leopard installed on my MacBook and I have updated it too. But these problems were prevalent even when I had Mac OS X 10.4.1 Tiger installed. What am I missing? Someone please help or offer suggestions.
--
Best Regards
Suresh Kumar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What router do you have? If you have security enabled, are you using WEP or WPA? Have you tried restarting your router after having purchased your Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.