• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

West 14th Store in NY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
West 14th Store in NY (Now With Pics)

Tonight was the grand opening. Did anyone go?

I did. Besides freezing in line, waiting for almost 5 hours, the store is really nice. Everyone got a T-shirt, a poster and a free gift. I got a free iTunes gift card for $10. Someone behind me got a free iPod Shuffle. This other guy i saw got a iPod Touch. The poster cap had a sticker which showed you what you won. Too bad i didnt get a iPod, but im happy with the gift card. Atleast i got something out of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I would've loved to go.. However I don't live in NYC.. The last tiem I was there was about 4 years ago. I'd like to go again. I'm actually planning a trip for 2 weeks to NYC for this summer coming up, so if any one in NYC from these boards would like to meet up, we should talk lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I went, and it was fun. Although some people started to get crazy as we waited in line. Nice to have another Apple store in NYC!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
So how many are in NY now: 4?

That's pretty sweet that they were giving away iPods and stuff. That helps me rationalize why people would wait hours and hours out in the cold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
So how many are in NY now: 4?

That's pretty sweet that they were giving away iPods and stuff. That helps me rationalize why people would wait hours and hours out in the cold.

There are 3 in Manhattan. (One in SoHo, one on 5th Ave and then this one) I dont know how many there are in the entire NY state. I do know there is one in the Staten Island Mall.

I didn't even know about the free apple products. The only thing i knew was about the free shirts and posters. I was there alittle bit before 5, and the line was pretty long. I didnt get into the store til about 9. Even when i was in the store, people were still waiting in line. I wonder if everyone got in, the store closed at 12.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Here are the pics!

Any pics? :D

I do have a few, but there not great.

100_5457.jpg

100_5501.jpg

100_5502.jpg

100_5503.jpg

100_5505.jpg

100_5518.jpg

The poster. Its a big map of Manhattan, on iPhones, pin-pointing the Apple Stores.

100_5521.jpg

The shirt

100_5508.jpg

My free gift cards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Considering Apple's limited line of products, I wonder what in the world they are filling 3 stories of retail space with. I suppose there are many demo models.

Are the floors separated by product? (Ipods on first floor, Macs on second, accessories and 3rd party products on the third)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Considering Apple's limited line of products, I wonder what in the world they are filling 3 stories of retail space with. I suppose there are many demo models.

Are the floors separated by product? (Ipods on first floor, Macs on second, accessories and 3rd party products on the third)

I really dont remember. I know that the Genius Bar and some iMacs are on the 3rd. The 2nd are the iPhones and iPods and the 1st are the MacBook and MacBook Pros and where you pay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.